Just before spring break, I started an article about the bridge we were building at the back of the FMA property. At that point, it was not quite finished. We had the basic skeleton formed, but had yet to lay the cross pieces and the deck boards, along with some other finishing touches.
In the last few days before the break, we drilled holes in the girders and log halves to fasten with rebar. After attaching the halves, we added flat boards so the truck could drive over a smooth surface. We added guardrails and are now in the process of drying up some of the mud. By adding dry sand over the mud, we hope to create a surface conducive to driving. Building the bridge was a difficult job that was well worth the effort.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

IXgXI

Please type the text above: