The bridge I wrote about a couple of months ago has since been finished.

We cut and nailed planks to walk on; thirty-seven altogether. Then we dug holes for the railing supports, two on each side. They are mounted in the ground about two to three feet deep.

We found two lengths of locust, and installed them for railings, which run the length of the bridge. We added stones on either side to make it easier to step up onto the bridge.

Then we took several weeks and improved the walkway to the bridge on the school side of the creek. We moved dirt, and raked it out smooth, until we had what we desired. Then we flatted it out and now we have a nice new walkway.

Our work on the bridge and its surroundings looks incredible. I know you will all enjoy looking at it and using it as much as I do.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Vifp67

Please type the text above: